Service Downtime / Upgrade

The purpose of this board is for any announcements by the developers. Only developers can start topics on this board.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Service Downtime / Upgrade

Post by Slyvampy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:51 pm

As part of our continuing commitment to providing the finest services available for SWG crafters, we have recently completed the first stage of a number of hardware and network upgrades to take place for the future.

This first stage crucially increases websites capacity more than 20 fold and allows us to cope with the demands of our members and visitors for the years to come.

We are announcing our new server which will host the site and the community from 6th August 2008. You may have been aware of the current limitiation of the mySQL database prior to this announcement and this will resolve any issues we had.

You may experience a minior downtime from 12:00am (Midnight) on 6th of August 2008 for a few hours whilist we migrate the website and database to the new server. Please don't be alarmed the site will be live again prior to peek time on the 6th of August providing there are no techincal issues.

I will keep the community updated on the progress, please watch this space.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Ewang
Novice Crafter

Re: Service Downtime / Upgrade

Post by Ewang » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:53 am

Thank you very much! :D

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:55 am

We have completed the work now, all services have been restored. I can only apologies for any changes that took place during this time as the migration on to the new server took slightly longer than expected. No further data will be lost as a result of this.

We were allowing time to migrate the data, however due to the size of our data stream we were unable to localise the time needed and or a sync to restore.

Good News is that this will not happen again. Looking forward to the future we are now finalizing the last design work for the new site front end (re-design). I will keep you posted on the matter.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:17 am

Now that the migration is complete, we are now switching Nameservers over to the new server. This may cause a slight disruption of the service, but is normally less than 6 hours and will be completed prior to prime time.

Once again we apologise for this upgrade, however this will increase our capacity ready for the launch of the stable version of this site.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 am

Good job, I understand there are a lot of unforeseen time slips in such a huge process, no worry. Just my compliments to your hard work.

However, at current time, 06.33 GMT, it is still not possible to add resources to the DB. I realize there may still be disruptions though, so I will try again in a few hours and keep you posted.

/Z

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:37 am

What is the error, and when does it occur?
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:10 am

When trying to upload resources from swgaide, I get this error.
"SWGCraftSOAPHandler:addResource:java.security.PrivilegeActionException: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionlmpl: Invalid Content-Type:text/html. Is this an error message instead of a SOAP response?"

When I tried to enter a resource manually, a lubricating oil, I got this error

Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'swgcraft_id' at row 1/home/swgcraft/public_html/dev/global_functions.php: 1882

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:25 am

I have traced the problem to the version of mySQL that we are now running, I may have to revisit alot of the codebase to make sure all the code is compatable. Please be advised that I am short handed until the weekend as I am at work at the moment.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:38 am

I just realize that all changes I made yesterday are gone again.

Is that already solved now? Dont understand much about databases, just dont want to add the resources again tomorrow. :)

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:25 pm

Slyvampy wrote:I have traced the problem to the version of mySQL that we are now running, I may have to revisit alot of the codebase to make sure all the code is compatable. Please be advised that I am short handed until the weekend as I am at work at the moment.
understood.

Reporting in - still getting same error on uploading.

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Slyvampy wrote:I have traced the problem to the version of mySQL that we are now running, I may have to revisit alot of the codebase to make sure all the code is compatable. Please be advised that I am short handed until the weekend as I am at work at the moment.
Also getting the same error as yesterday when uploading today, as of 10:25am mountain daylight... I know you know, just confirming others' reports! Thanks Slyvampy for your hard work!

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Please try and add a new res now, i think i have located the problem.
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org

jt26077
Intermediate Crafter

Post by jt26077 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Slyvampy wrote:Please try and add a new res now, i think i have located the problem.
Success!!

I uploaded about 40 or so resources via SWGAide and they all went through. Many thanks Slyvampy!!

/bow

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Slyvampy wrote:Please try and add a new res now, i think i have located the problem.
It now works using the SOAP server, that is what SWGAide is using.

And it works with a single input, then I believe the bulk input works too.

Great job!!! :D

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:10 pm

However, removing the very same resource gives this error:
Error at line 574: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'planets_id' at row 1

And yes, I meant removing, not mark unavailable.

/Zimoon