Armorsmith Guards for SWGAide

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Armorsmith Guards for SWGAide

Post by RebelDawg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:07 am

OK....This is a complete re-write of the original post, due to my perfectionism kickin in.

First I want to Thank Panino76 for his wonderful JnF tool and Zimoon for all the feedback on how I had my guards setup.

At first I had OQ/SR at 50/50 with threshold of 800 which eqauts to 80% of cap for those 2 stats. But then my compulsive nature kicked in and I completely redid the guards with a alot of help from the JnF tool to reflect all the necasary resources for a new Armorsmith

I started with a fresh copy of Jnf, setup the tool to show shcematics for Armorsmiths, including survey tools, crafting tools, and the BM components. Next I went to the "What to harvesdt today" tab and noted all the different stat percentages and what schematics they are used for. Next I opened up my SWGAide Guard file in Excell and went to town adding the different percentages of the resources. Hours later and WHA-LA I have AS guards for SWGAide.

A few notes about some of my nominclature:

AS=Armorsmith
MU=Munitions(mainly for BM items that both AS and WS can craft)
TR=Trader(crafting/surveying tools)
ZAS=Armorsmith resources that stats do not matter(mainly added as a reference for new crafters)
ZTR=Trader resources that stats do not matter(mainly added as a reference for new crafters)
ZMU=Munition resources that stats do not matter(mainly added as a reference for new crafters)

Where stats don't matter I set them up for all zero stats and threshold of 1

As I have stated before, I am not that much into actually crafting stuff, but Gathering resources for resell is more interesting to me. My eventual goal is to compile guards for Every Trader profession and then correlate them all into a file of guards more aimed at the Miners in the game

I have the threshold set at 900(90%) in the file. If you want a lower threshold its easy to open up the file and replace the 900 with whatever percentage you want.

Enjoy the guards, and if anyone finds errors or something I missed, I would appreciate it if ya let me know

Edit 3/29/09 - Removed all the Non AS items and did some clarifications
Attachments
AS_Guards_80_percent.csv
(6.74 KiB) Downloaded 662 times
Last edited by Zimoon on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Replaced the missing file for resource guards, please report any errors as it was old

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Re: Armorsmith Guards for SWGAide

Post by Tinsel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:21 am

Thank you RebelDawg, this is a real time-saver!
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:23 am

Great job RD, indeed.

I will add a link to this post from SWGAide's web area, if you don't mind :)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:44 am

Hmmm, at a second look I see you have entered all limits as hard values, that is OK if that is what you want, and the guard will alert you when any resource meets all (mainly both) limits. However, some guards will never alert: the Inert gas for example since it has no SR and you have ruled out allow-zeroes.

May I suggest you replace all values with 50/50 as are their experimental values, plus set 800 as the threshold. That would be almost the same as what you have done, with the difference that an OQ of 701 plus an SR of 900 (or 90% of its cap) will still alert since them combined meets the 900 threshold.

If you think that is what you want, do another search and replace for "800" --> "50" (quotes excluded) to change the limit 800 to 50%. Now you still have some locations with odd values, I guess you can do them manually, right?

Do another search and replace for "0,1,0,AS" --> "800,1,1,AS" which will, in order, a) set the threshold to 800, alert (no change), and make the guard allow zeroes which is true in most cases. The AS is there just to enforce which location can be changed, it is the beginning of the notes.

I repeat, the suggested guard
will accept zero-values, which is true in almost all cases,
will use the experimental values rather than set limits,
will alert when the combined stats meet the threshold of 800.

However, I realize that some, or many?, players want set limits. It all depends on how we work and think, right? So, there is no right nor wrong, you have done a great job, and if you so decide it might be good with both kinds of lists and the players can choose which to use.

Great work

/Zimoon

PS: By the way, I will publish another version of SWGAide this weekend, probably at Sunday, that makes the guards GUI part a lot less sluggish. I found a stupid programming thing that made for that bottleneck, not really a bug, just stupid for performance.

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Zimoon wrote:Hmmm, at a second look I see you have entered all limits as hard values, that is OK if that is what you want, and the guard will alert you when any resource meets all (mainly both) limits. However, some guards will never alert: the Inert gas for example since it has no SR and you have ruled out allow-zeroes.

May I suggest you replace all values with 50/50 as are their experimental values, plus set 800 as the threshold. That would be almost the same as what you have done, with the difference that an OQ of 701 plus an SR of 900 (or 90% of its cap) will still alert since them combined meets the 900 threshold.

If you think that is what you want, do another search and replace for "800" --> "50" (quotes excluded) to change the limit 800 to 50%. Now you still have some locations with odd values, I guess you can do them manually, right?

Do another search and replace for "0,1,0,AS" --> "800,1,1,AS" which will, in order, a) set the threshold to 800, alert (no change), and make the guard allow zeroes which is true in most cases. The AS is there just to enforce which location can be changed, it is the beginning of the notes.

However, I realize that some, or many?, players want set limits. It all depends on how we work and think, right? So, there is no right nor wrong, you have done a great job, and if you so decide it might be good with both kinds of lists and the players can choose which to use.

Great work

/Zimoon

PS: By the way, I will publish another version of SWGAide this weekend, probably at Sunday, that makes the guards GUI part a lot less sluggish. I found a stupid programming thing that made for that bottleneck, not really a bug, just stupid for performance.
Not sure what u mean by threshholds. I might have an old copy of SWGAide or something cause threshhold is "greyed out". Also should I be setting all my guards to allow zero-values?Can you show a screenshot of what you mean? It would help me understand greatly

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Threshold is always grayed out unless the stats add up close to 100 as experimental values always do. This is read in the help text (F1 at that screen). So, as soon as you change one guard to 50, 50 of two stats it will be enabled.

In other words, the dialog senses if you are adding hard limits, as you have done, or experimental values. In the latter case it is the threshold that is used. In the former case it is the hard values themselves. Two options in one kind of.

Personally I use the latter, experimental values, but everybody is his own master, right? ;)

An example of the two and not allowing zeroes:

Iron and hard limits of 800 for OQ and SR: It will accept any iron with both stats over 800.

Iron and 50/50 for OQ/SR and threshold of 800: It will accept any iron where 0.5*OQ + 0.5*SR is over 800, even if either of the two stats is less than 800 but the other stat compensates for that.

/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:08 pm

:!: :!: :!:

Now I get it!!! Am at work but I will look at when I get home. I guess part of my problem is that I look at it from a miners aspect not a crafters. If both are over 800 then that is a good resource to harvest and sell. As my stock of resources grows(I always keep more than sell) I will get into the crafting portion.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:45 pm

Ya, that is why I mentioned everybody is his own master ;)

Exactly, there are more than one twist to it. Perhaps providing both in parallel, that would be great, one for hard minimum stats, and the other for experimental stats.

A tip is to always make guards accept zeros, as I mentioned above with the Gas, otherwise you will never find that awesome Gas since it lacks SR but is still asked for due to its OQ.

/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:55 am

Zimoon wrote:Hmmm, at a second look I see you have entered all limits as hard values, that is OK if that is what you want, and the guard will alert you when any resource meets all (mainly both) limits. However, some guards will never alert: the Inert gas for example since it has no SR and you have ruled out allow-zeroes.

Great work

/Zimoon

Is 800 a good number? If I understand correctly then setting it at 50/50 and threshold of 800 and allowing zero stats means it will alert to any resource that hit 80% of CAP(as applied to crafting)?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:49 am

RebelDawg wrote:...Is 800 a good number? If I understand correctly then setting it at 50/50 and threshold of 800 and allowing zero stats means it will alert to any resource that hit 80% of CAP (as applied to crafting)?
That is correct, or; first thing the cap is applied to stats " (as applied to crafting)", after that the stats of the guard is combined after their experimental values, it is the combined result that triggers the alert. But that was probably what you said ;)

800 (80%) is a good value for beginners. As soon as they fill up their inventory they will edit the guard.

You may write a tips that if users want to they can always do a search & replace "800" --> "960", or whatever, before they import the list of guards.

/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Zimoon wrote:
RebelDawg wrote:...Is 800 a good number? If I understand correctly then setting it at 50/50 and threshold of 800 and allowing zero stats means it will alert to any resource that hit 80% of CAP (as applied to crafting)?
That is correct, or; first thing the cap is applied to stats " (as applied to crafting)", after that the stats of the guard is combined after their experimental values, it is the combined result that triggers the alert. But that was probably what you said ;)

800 (80%) is a good value for beginners. As soon as they fill up their inventory they will edit the guard.

You may write a tips that if users want to they can always do a search & replace "800" --> "960", or whatever, before they import the list of guards.

/Zimoon
I redid them so I will repost when I get home tonight

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:53 pm

updated Op and uploaded the new guard file

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Looking great. Linked to from the SWGAide web site :)

/Zimoon

JaecenSunrunner
Early Adopter

Post by JaecenSunrunner » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Quick question about what you were saying, Zimoon.

I'm working to modify the AS guards (much thanks to RebelDawg) to be Ship Wright guards.

A lot of SW items have multiple experimentation lines: for example, capacitors.

A capacitor has the following lines:
  • Armor
    • Overall Quality 33%
    • Unit Toughness 66%
  • Max Capacitor Energy
    • Conductivity 66%
    • Overall Quality 33%
  • Energy Maintenance
    • Conductivity 66%
    • Overall Quality 33%
  • Hitpoints
    • Overall Quality 33%
    • Unit Toughness 66%
  • Mass
    • Overall Quality 33%
    • Unit Toughness 66%
  • Capacitor Recharge Rate
    • Conductivity 66%
    • Overall Quality 33%
A given resource may contribute to many lines. Steel, in the above example, has all CD, OQ, and UT. I can set the guard for Recharge Rate (66 CD and 33 OQ), but what about Hit Points? That keeps OQ at 33 but adds UT at 66.

Will it work if I set the line up like this:

Code: Select all

#guardName,resource class,ER,CR,CD,DR,FL,HR,MA,OQ,SR,UT,PE,limit,alert[,allowZeros[,notes]]
SW - Capacitor Steel,Steel,0,0,66,0,0,0,0,33,0,66,0,800,1,1,SW Capacitor Steel
Or will I need to add a guard for each experimentation line?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Each line by itself if the experimental weighs differ.

You may want to consider how important a line is, if it is never considered I guess nobody want to pay attention anyway. But if it is important it must have a guard by itself.

/Zimoon