Will I need to rely on a Domestic to craft armor?

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Armorsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

isb5223cdn
Novice Crafter

Will I need to rely on a Domestic to craft armor?

Post by isb5223cdn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:40 am

I just tried to make my first peice of bone armor and looking at the schematics and this site, the fiberplast layers are domestic trader territory. Is this the way it will be to 90? With only 2 slots per server, I would like a combat for the other slot. Is every crafter class like this? Do they all rely on other classes to craft in the high-end? Help! I am on Sunrunner server btw.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Will I need to rely on a Domestic to craft armor?

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 am

Hi and welcome around isb5223cdn, good to see new-comers here :)

The interdependency between crafters is something most traders face at one point or the other, the answer to your question is "yes". That is yet no big problem, you have several options, I mention just few:
  1. Buy crates at the Bazaar or at player vendors (use the Vendor Location tab at the Bazaar and filter+sort for best prices)
  2. Contract somebody to regularly provide crates for you at some set price, the price differs wildly based on who provides the resources and other factors
  3. Ask a friendly guildie to run factory crates for you
  4. Manufacture the crates yourself
Number 3 needs some explanation (also found in Beginners' Guide for Traders):
Manufacture schematics can be traded and they can be used by anybody that owns the required resources* and that has access to a factory of the proper kind. Hence,
  • obtain the resources you need for the factory batch you want (glance at the shopping list at the schematics page or in SWGAide)
  • find a friendly Tailor and ask him/her to craft a manufacture schematic for you and explain that you have the resources
  • hand him/her enough of the resources so s/he can do the job
  • let him/her trade you the schematic (it is dragged from the Datapad onto the trade window)
  • also trade back possible leftovers of the resources
  • tip the trader decently as a gesture of appreciation for their help (usually not necessary for guildies), easiest at the trader window but you can use /tip playername amount
  • feed the manufacture schematic and the resources into your factory
  • voilà
As you see the interdependency between professions is not really a problem, rather the opposite, you will learn to know other people in the game, some will be buddies for life. After all, this is a RPG :)

Have fun

/Zimoon

* For an explanation on what I mean with "required resources", see the Beginners' Guide, chapter Manufacturing

isb5223cdn
Novice Crafter

Post by isb5223cdn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Awesome Zimoon! Thank ya kindly. Think I will try number 4 first as it sounds the most interesting and semi self-sufficient. Plus I can plan ahead and aquire schematics for future needs.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 pm

isb5223cdn wrote:Awesome Zimoon! Thank ya kindly. Think I will try number 4 first as it sounds the most interesting and semi self-sufficient. Plus I can plan ahead and aquire schematics for future needs.
Yupp, you can, as long as you have the resources for it. That is a reason resource recyclers are so great for non-quality resources, however not all resources can be recycled, for example Fiberplast can not.
/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:46 am

isb5223cdn wrote:Awesome Zimoon! Thank ya kindly. Think I will try number 4 first as it sounds the most interesting and semi self-sufficient. Plus I can plan ahead and aquire schematics for future needs.
If you need any help with these things send me a tell sometime, there are a few crafters on the server that will happily help you out and I am sure I can give you a few names and if need be I can run you off a few crates of most things.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:21 am

Aah, you are playing at Sunrunner, then I am certain MB will take care of you.
You may also want to edit your settings at http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/options.php
That will auto-select the correct galaxy when you want to review and submit resources, and it reads under your avatar here at the forum :)

/Zimoon