The Cybernetic Deconstruction Arm...

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

The Cybernetic Deconstruction Arm...

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:50 pm

I haven't seen this listed on this website (if it already is then by all means delete this post) but just about every REing Engineer in the guild has been trying to get this in recent days...

I just cut and paste this from SWG-Wiki.
http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Sampling

These collection items can only be obtained from Hand Sampling for resources on any planet surface. The collection is completed when you have successfully gathered 5/5 of Mineral, Chemical, Gas, Organic, Water, and Geo-Thermal Energy.

How to Hand Sample: Simply survey for a resource that you desire, once completed either press sample on your survey tool or type /sample to begin sampling for the desired resourse. The collection begins when you are given a pop-up window with three selections. One selection (thrid from the top) asks if you would like to obtain a high quality product of the resource you are gathering. This must be done 5 times in order to complete each resource field.

Reward: This right handed cybernetic arm provides +110 to luck and +5 to Reverse Engineering.

exhibit69
Novice Crafter

Re: The Cybernetic Deconstruction Arm...

Post by exhibit69 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:26 pm

There is a related new quest as well, similar to above. You must have a pet out, and use the 3rd option on the special resource find box. 50 collections, same grant as above only , left arm. "Resource Scavenger Training"
Last edited by Zimoon on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: The purple colored is not correct, se below

Mifasa
Novice Crafter

Post by Mifasa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Anyone know if a droid counts as a pet for this second one?

I'd hate to respec just for this, but probebly would.
Mifasa: Elder Master Driod Engineer
Asafim: Master Structures
Alts: Dakar, Xeker

Located on Dantoine -3243, 6736
in East Crystal Oasis.
(Tarquinas Sever)

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Mifasa wrote:Anyone know if a droid counts as a pet for this second one?

I'd hate to respec just for this, but probebly would.
After 1.5 hours of handsampling with a droid out, I can say for sure it doesn't count. Had the event window popping out many many times but always with only 2 options (the classic ones)

Artax Wavingwalker

Mifasa
Novice Crafter

Post by Mifasa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Thanks, guess i'll respec then. =(
Last edited by Savacc on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Mifasa: Elder Master Driod Engineer
Asafim: Master Structures
Alts: Dakar, Xeker

Located on Dantoine -3243, 6736
in East Crystal Oasis.
(Tarquinas Sever)

swgjunkie
Novice Crafter

Post by swgjunkie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:56 pm

Currently (Chapter 10.2, late June 2008) there's a bug with sampling water on Corellia. You get the dialog with the three options, and the system message about a tiny sample of extreme purity, but it's not recorded in your Collections viewer.

So... I do the sampling thing, and get the reward. "You must register the Star Wars Galaxies Episode III Expansion in order to equip cybernetic items."

Awww, crud. This particular account has always been crafter and has never had any [need|use|desire] for adventure planet expansions.

Until now.

lesra
Novice Crafter

Post by lesra » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:34 am

exhibit69 wrote:There is a related new quest as well, similar to above. You must have a pet out, and use the 3rd option on the special resource find box. 50 collections, same grant as above only , left arm. "Resource Scavenger Training"
As far as i can see this Collection only grants a BM Special and no left Arm.

Choctaw Tyvarr
Novice Crafter

Post by Choctaw Tyvarr » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:05 pm

exhibit69 wrote:There is a related new quest as well, similar to above. You must have a pet out, and use the 3rd option on the special resource find box. 50 collections, same grant as above only , left arm. "Resource Scavenger Training"

Is this true ? and dose anyone have more info on this subject i would love to get another DC arm for the left to go with my right arm. also is it stated the same?

or is this for beast masters as Lesra stated :?

:?: :?: :?:
The Pack Rat

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:49 pm

Choctaw Tyvarr wrote:
Is this true ? and dose anyone have more info on this subject i would love to get another DC arm for the left to go with my right arm. also is it stated the same?

No, it is not entirely correct. It grants a Pet Knowledge cube, Resource Scavenger, that gives you 50% bonus to manual sampling when having a trained pet out. You can train as many pets as you can have in your Datapad, and having one out with this skill will grant you a 50% extra yield. Good to have while sampling at Mustafar :)

However, you can do the two collections at the same time while sampling. Randomly it will count towards your pet, or towards the deconstruction arm. Just have any pet out (not a mount though).

/Zimoon

PS: Welcome around, I notice you arrived today, warmly welcome :D

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:36 pm

Choctaw Tyvarr wrote:

From SWGWiki...

Resource Scavenger

These collection items can only be obtained from Hand Sampling for resources on any planet surface while a pet is active. The collection is completed when you have successfully gathered 20/20 of any type of resource

How to Hand Sample: Note: You must have your pet out for the correct selection to be activated. Simply survey for a resource that you desire, once completed either press sample on your survey tool or type /sample to begin sampling for the desired resource. The collection begins when you are given a pop-up window of a "survey event" with three selections. One selection (thrid from the top) asks if you would like to have your beast obtain the sample of the resource you are gathering. This must be done 20 times in order to complete each resource field.

Reward: A small amount of XP and a Beast Master Special Ability

* Beast Knowledge Resource Scavenger

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Scavenger

It gives a 50% increase in the amount of manually sampled resources however I have not really noticed this to be the case in fact during a 5 hour trial on Mustafar I gathered fractionally less resources than a character that did not have this buff on while sampling at the same location and at the same time so I do not know if it works or not.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:11 am

Now when you mention it, I have a vague memory that I read at the official forums that it was broken. Anyone confirm, please?

/Zimoon

Choctaw Tyvarr
Novice Crafter

Post by Choctaw Tyvarr » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Ok so what im gathering is that this gives a bonus to hand sampling as the reward Could be helpfull but not what i was hoping for. Thanks for the info :D

p.s. And thanks for the warm welcome Zimoon
The Pack Rat

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:41 pm

Choctaw Tyvarr wrote:Ok so what im gathering is that this gives a bonus to hand sampling as the reward Could be helpfull but not what i was hoping for. Thanks for the info :D

p.s. And thanks for the warm welcome Zimoon
You're welcome :)

Bonus to hand sampling is great the day you find that uber spawn at Mustafar, remember that since Mustafarian resource classes has lower caps to most stats it is guaranteed to spawn decent at the worst. It is another story if the uber stats are those you need, at the same time ;)

/Z

Teyana
Novice Crafter

Post by Teyana » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:33 pm

So, now that I've gotten this arm, what's the special trick to equipping it?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 pm

Teyana wrote:So, now that I've gotten this arm, what's the special trick to equipping it?
Visit a Medical Center in for example Mos Eisley, Coronet, or Theed. Possibly more locations, I don't know.

Find a droid there that will make the necessary surgery.

The operation will knock off clothing that occupy that arm and the glove (I think there is one kind of glove that works though), but the net effect on REChance and Luck is positive whatsoever.

/Zimoon