attatchements wont take [SPLIT]

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on Reverse Engineering.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Ceres
Novice Crafter

attatchements wont take [SPLIT]

Post by Ceres » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:06 pm

Not sure if I should rez this, my problem is related but slightly different.

I have previously made pullovers and successfully put clothing skilltapes on them. I made a multi-stat RE and Luck skilltape and put it on a pullover, as well as a WS set pullover which my guild's WS is wearing fine... This was just last week. Today I made a new RE and Luck set for myself since I noticed I am missing RE on my "chest/coat Slot... (doh) and I cant drop the tape onto the pullover. This is something I DID just a few days ago which today I cant do...

In fact I am wearing a pullover right now which has a Luck 35 mod on it which I made as a tailor, dropped onto the pullover and equipped, and Pup with armor pups... So this IS currently working as a crafting clothing plan.

I've been trying to equip a duster to see if that gambit works, to drop my tape on if it does, and it will not equip now. (more trials to come when I pop back ingame.) I dont really want to lose the left arm armor luck tho as I have the RE cyber-arm so maybe I cant wear the dusters... but I will try.

So my question is, did they stealth-nerf the vest loophole for tailors SEA's? I know I need armor pups which I do add to the vests as advertised... So'methings wrong or different as of today.
Last edited by Zimoon on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Splitted into a new thread due to necroing

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: attatchements wont take [SPLIT]

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:21 am

I cannot say for sure, hopefully Onyx comes by as I know her to be the source for information on these topics :)

/Zimoon

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:43 pm

I hope I'm reading this correctly and can give a useful answer since I started RE only a short time ago...

As far as I know you need to use an armor chestplate for the exotic RE chance. The cyber arm doesn't allow you to wear anything long-sleeved so I have a sleeveless shirt and armor bracer and bicep on the other arm. Besides those three armor pieces you should be able to make everything else as a tailor (unless you're ithorian like me then you need the armor boots). Since I just started I don't know about any previous loopholes, but this set up has given me the most luck and RE chance.

- Akihawa
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Ceres
Novice Crafter

Post by Ceres » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Well, yeah, I can understand that, and thanks.

My issue isnt really about the cybernetic RE arm. I lost two armor slots but ended up getting +40 luck and +5 more RE I wouldnt have had in the bargain, so for RE purposes Im good with that tradeoff. This does prevent me from wearing any "coat" type item which has arms... so that was just a guess but I pretty much knew prior that it wouldnt work to try to equip the dusters due to the RE arm...

The issue is about the inability to add a clothing skilltape to a clothing item, a "vest" called a pullover, for wear during RE. Last week I made some of thise items, for my Weapon smith to use in his WS crafting and his RE as well. Specifically I made a clothing skilltape (SEA) with RE 3 and 35 luck mods, and added it to a pullover. It went on just fine and he wears it when REing just fine. I noticed that the pullover I had made for myself was a lowly 35 luck only and so I made another Re 3 and 35 luck SEA clothing attachment for my own use... and it wont go onto my new pullover. I even made another one.

One obvious idea is that my pullovers dont have a slot, but they do. I of course check for that during the initial crafting, since unslotted items are pretty much useless to anyone except for the appearance slot.

I'll go back in this evening and try again, in case the issue has corrected itself.

Thanks for splitting my question into its own thread.-)

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:41 am

Another point to be made is that when an armor chest plate is crafted you can build and extra point of RE chance into it, as with the weapon, giving you +4 instead of just +3. So I guess I'm just not understanding why you would want to use a pullover instead of a chest plate...
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Ceres
Novice Crafter

Post by Ceres » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Just because I can make it myself and we're building our suits up, and I have the highest RE and luck of any of us... so Im willing to do this for now until my WS is up high enough to reliably make those... I could supply him with the simple Mods to combine but he's not quite confident yet...

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Somehow I missed this thread.

Figure better late than never on a response.

Vests are not supposed to take shirt attachments, nor are jackets. To my knowledge they never have. I'd be curious to see which pullover took the attachment.

Certain robes do, with the gunman's duster being the item of choice. It takes a shirt attachment but an armor power-up. The chestplate still has an advantage in that it can hold an extra mod from the crafted-in bit.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator