Mineral Mining Installation

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Architect Expertise.

Moderators: Savacc, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Serax_99
Novice Crafter

Mineral Mining Installation

Post by Serax_99 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:45 am

I recently created a Mineral Mining Installation however, how do you place it, every time I try I get a blue screen with the harvester but I can't place it. Any Help would be appreciated.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Mineral Mining Installation

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:09 am

Instructions are read in the Beginners Guide for Traders, chapter 5 >> "Placing a Structure Deed".

You should simply double click the deed in your inventory, or use its radial menu. If that doesn't work, please let us know again.

/Zimoon

Serax_99
Novice Crafter

Post by Serax_99 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:47 am

Zimoon wrote:Instructions are read in the Beginners Guide for Traders, chapter 5 >> "Placing a Structure Deed".

You should simply double click the deed in your inventory, or use its radial menu. If that doesn't work, please let us know again.

/Zimoon
I used the radial menu, then it switched to an overhead view like when I placed my personal harvesters, except the screen was blue and the harvester was wire frame and I couldn't place it I could move it around and rotate it, but that is about it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:59 am

OK, I have never seen this happen, a blue screen. I interpret this as the ground is not yellow nor plain, right? Yellow is the color when an obstacle is around. Could it be that the yellow is colored differently with your graphics card??

If you move to another location, say 200 meters away, is it the same?

/Zimoon

Serax_99
Novice Crafter

Post by Serax_99 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 am

When I place the personal Harvesters it is fine it wasn't till I tried placing the medium. All blue with white specks, changed graphics settings in the options thinking it was that. No Change. I asked the same question to SWG Staff however I asked here as well cause they take too long.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:41 am

I have no clue, at your description it sounds as a bug. If it works fine for personal but not for medium then it is a bug. It is years since I used a medium, I only use large/heavy or elite nowadays, and they work just fine.

Have you tried asking at the official SWG/SOE forum, in Trader (Structures)? I guess it has a tad more traffic than here, though I wish it was the opposite ;)

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Personal harvesters will, often times, fit in places where a medium/heavy/elite will not, becasue of their smaller "footprint". However, your discription of a "blue screen with white specs" is not what should be happening. I would be trying to get in touch with SOE tech support if I were you.