Doctor Bag

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Artisan Expertise.

Moderators: Feralmonkey, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

danhanegan
Novice Crafter

Doctor Bag

Post by danhanegan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:17 am

Has anybody made these? Are they usable as a container? If so, how many items do they hold?

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:24 am

I made 'em testing for xp gains, you get 0 xp for making them. And they're only usable by docs, who can only have one.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:49 am

As an old Doc I may answer to this one. The Doctors Bag was introduced not long before the NGE hit us. Doctors were loaded up their ears with items to patch up fallen combateers as well as buff them out of their minds :)

Finally SOE decided they would give us Doctors Bag that at ONE item slot in the inventory could hold many medical items of various kinds.

With NGE the need disappeared as suddenly healing and buffing became ... obsolete or rather "spells" than from use of an item. But they look cool and I believe I have a few as decor in my medic lab, where I sometimes sit and remember the old times crafting the best stuff possible out of my tiny storage of great resources.

Kindly

/Z
once Master Doctor/Master Swordsman

gelgamesh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by gelgamesh » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:53 am

I'll verify TMs post + you can only craft one at the time, until you clear it from your inventory. I gave some to my medic friends and even sold one on the bazaar. But, the question remains...are they useful to the medic field or is it just another "shipping orders" item?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:15 am

No, they are no longer valuable in game other than as decor.

I tried to convey that as Doctor you were loaded over your ears with consumables you had to have with you to buff people. Not only for each one of the 6 stats we combateers wanted to buff, but against poison and other stuff which I do not recall sitting at my work. Plus consumables to heal wounds and other stuff that plagued the combateers. Plus batteries for your medic droid. You name it, and remember, the inventory just took 50 items at that time.

In their wisdom SOE came up with Doctor's Bag which took one slot in the inventory in spite of being loaded with consumables. However, just weeks after they introduced it NGE came and pulled the rug under our feet and made the bag obsolete, or at least no more necessary than another painting.

Hopefully this background information scatters the clouds.
/Z