Fishing questions

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Fishing questions

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:23 pm

1) Anybody notice if the fish density and vegetation ratings change or do they stay the same in a given spot forever?

2) Would there be any particular significance to having the bait tore off your hook 4 times in a row or just the luck of the draw?

3)If you're pulling things like "dispersal units" out of the water is that your cue that you're done for the day/week?

I'm getting almost superstitious about this stuff, it seems.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Fishing questions

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:25 pm

1. The change with about the same frequency as for creature resource "concentration", I do not know the exact days or weeks but would guess 10 to 22 days. I am sure it is written somewhere but ...
  2. Avoid vegetation, that tears off bait. If fishes do it you are just unlucky.
  3. Nope, I have never got a rubber boot but loot can equally well bu junk loot as for the collections as Treasure Maps. But a beer or two might be sweet :)
Fishing 101 :)

/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Yes, I've read the guide and watched the video from the guy on Corellia, but I want the secrets, Z. I know you got some, give'em up! I'm one fish from Nabooian Angler, and this game is busting my chops for it. I mean, I already have a Mee fish, and then to catch two more in one session plus two Reel Life fish, and still not get the See (sigh)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:52 pm

See is the worst one I guess, yeah, I spent ages there for the several characters I have and I am still not done. So, my "secret" is patience. And I never fish when it is raining, that ruins my outfit.

/Zim

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:20 am

Well if there is a secret, it's that the See are swimming in the pond in front of the starport in Moenia. Just got it. Thank the Force.

For some reason this always reminds me of "Grumpier Old Men" when they're trying to catch that Big Mouth Bass, and Jack Lemmon's character says the fish stuck it's head out of the water and smiled at him. I can almost imagine these fish doing that.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:16 am

I hope you left its fry so I can go get it once it once it has gained some ounces 8)

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Okay Chimmy people looking for that Dathomir Burra, your fishing tip for the day.

-3186, 2644

Almost 4 klicks from the Trade Outpost, fish density 5 stars, no vegetation, and at least one Burra so far.