SWGAide --- Schematics Support --- Suggestions

Moderator: Forum Moderator

What's up with Savacc

The old guy is senile, just ignore him
57%
He's just living in the past, not keeping up to date.
29%
Who's Savacc
14%

Total votes: 7

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

SWGAide --- Schematics Support --- Suggestions

Post by Seldom_Bored » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:32 am

One suggestion that I would like to make about schematics. When looking through the inventory and currently spawning to find the best resource for the schematic slot, would it be possible to display more than just the best resource and display maybe one or two secondary choices? My reasoning is this: If I am making weapons for the general public, I will not use my uber polymer that I only have 20k of and instead will use my great polymer that I have 250k of as I would rather save my 20k for weapons for myself or special orders. Also, If the "best" resource is in very limited supply, I may want to use a second or third best resource that will still allow me to cap the schematic and save the best resource for something that I may consider more important.
Last edited by Savacc on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Split to its own tread

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- Schematics Support --- Suggestions

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 am

Yes, that is the plan, to show several. Probably there is a user option for how many, I guess default will be about 5, or maybe determined by the number of experimentation lines.
/Zim

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 am

While at this topic, I have not played Munition ever and need some feedback.
The experimentation groups that contain two (or more, if any?) lines, how do they look like in the experimentation window? Can you spend experimentation boxes per line? Or per group? Somebody can briefly tell how the munitions world looks like, please :)

The same as previous paragraph but for Shipwright.

I ask merely because of the GUI layout, to reduce it if there are superfluous elements.

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Ive never played Munitions either (except short respecs to make BM stuff).

As to Shipwright, Im not sure what you are asking. Shipwrights have the schematics with the most lines to possibly experiment. Each of the lines is separate. For instance, I believe Weaponsmiths have one line for both max and min damage, in Shipwright max dam and min dam are separate lines. Experimenting one will not raise the other, so Shipys typically experiment both. Is that what you are asking?

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:44 pm

Zimoon wrote:Yes, that is the plan, to show several. Probably there is a user option for how many, I guess default will be about 5, or maybe determined by the number of experimentation lines.
/Zim
Awesome
Zimoon wrote:While at this topic, I have not played Munition ever and need some feedback.
The experimentation groups that contain two (or more, if any?) lines, how do they look like in the experimentation window? Can you spend experimentation boxes per line? Or per group? Somebody can briefly tell how the munitions world looks like, please :)

The same as previous paragraph but for Shipwright.
I ask merely because of the GUI layout, to reduce it if there are superfluous elements.

/Zimoon
I'm not sure what you mean by this. When experimenting on something that has two lines to experiment, such as a weapon with a min and max damage bar, you can experiment on each bar just as you do for one individually. So with the 13 points that you have, you can choose to use them all to max out one, or you can spread it around. In here... http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=998668
on the third page, you will see what it looks like when you experiment with a weapon. There are two lines, and you choose which one to put points into. If that's not what you're asking, then rephrase the question and I can try to answer.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Ok, so Im wrong about WS, or at least on the subcomponant for appearance. On the final combine does the weapon only have one line for max and min dam? Or I just sadly misinformed?

Edit - It occured to me I can go look at the schematics myself. Im just sadly misinformed. :oops:
Last edited by Savacc on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Im sadly misinformed

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks,
if that is the case for all weapons it is great.

There are, however, schematics with several lines in one group but an experimentation dice roll updates both, that was I wanted to know... about those peculiarities. To find the odd-balls ;)

There are about 1700 schematics so I wanted to dodge testing them all 8)

/Zimoon

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:15 pm

I understand now. There are no Shipwright schematics that have the feature you are talking about. Chef used to, do they still have those?

On this WS thing, is it the case that max and min dam used to be one line, but with the recent updates are no longer? Am I totally senile and or just not up to date?

edit - added a poll at the top of this thread.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Aah, if those odd-balls are gone I am happy with that :)

/Zim

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Its ok, old timer :)

We all make mistakes :P

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:28 pm

It used to be that there was a "Damage" line, and then a "Elemental" Line. With the GU 5 Update however, that all is gone. ALL weapons have two lines of experimentation. Minimum Damage, and Maximum Damage. It is also the same for all subcomponents that have those two stats. The only weapon related thing that has only one line is the elemental chambers, but that's because there is only one stat on them.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 pm

AtiInc wrote:Its ok, old timer :)

We all make mistakes :P
Yupp, my memory fails me at time. Right now I have a vague memory from in-game that you had my failures on photo. That must, however, be just another memory mishap on my side, as I never fail 8) :P

OK, back on track. Any serious suggestions or thoughts are welcomed. I have already sketched some windows at the schematics tab, just coarse and not very detailed. Hence now is a good time to brain storm...

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Voted, he is senile, let him lurk around in the closet 8)

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 pm

But I want to come out of ... oh wait, that's not what I want to say ... :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: