Undressing vendors

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Undressing vendors

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:50 pm

Repost from Dressing & Undressing your vendors
***From the old Tailor FAQ at SOE***

With credits to Mystyrys

Dressing & Undressing your vendors
by NJ62

(Changes since this list was made, Wookiee vendors cannot equip weapons or Wookiee Smocks. And Bodysuits can no longer be put on vendors.)

Preliminary note: A smock will completely undress a female vendor, and a frock will undress a male vendor. These will not remove shoes or hats, however.

1. Removing gloves/bracers

Put long gloves on your vendor, if it is wearing short gloves. Put jacket on your vendor. Gloves go poof.

For wookiees, an armor chestplate would work (if wookiees would wear chestplates, which they do not currently.)

The luxurious gown will remove gloves on females.

2. Removing male vendor shirts

Put smock on vendor. Put pants on vendor. Vendor is shirtless.

A frock will completely undress a male vendor.

3. Removing a jacket or vest

Put dress on vendor (or smock if male). Alternatively, frocks undress males, smocks undress females.

4. Removing belts

**Update** certain dresses will undo female vendor belts. Lux gown yes, Longsleeve gown, no. Unclear whether a smock will work on females. Unclear how to remove male belt if smock or frock doesn't work.

4a. Backpack/bandolier

I have no idea! We need to figure this one out. Possibly hand over an Ithorian bandolier/pack?

5. Removing shoes

Males: give dress slippers

Females: Tusken boots! You'll have to loot them but tusken garb is male-only.

6. Removing hats

Males & Females: use Twi'lek headgear. Or use a hooded robe (then you have to get rid of robe). Females can use Grand Healer Robe (dress).

Twi'leks: use normal headwear, hooded robe, or grand healer robe.

Ithorians: no idea

For wookiees, an armor chestplate would work (if wookiees would wear chestplates, which they do not currently.)

7. Removing SE goggles

A luxurious gown will work for that.

Sometimes a vendor will say nothing and wave you off. Or they will tell you "I am not wearing that just because you want me to." It is either a gender or species restriction for that article of clothing or equipment, or a bug, such as Wookiees not wearing Wookiee Smocks or the ability to put SE goggles on vendors.

Vendors that can wear SE Goggles: (The Special Collector's Edition Eyewear. No-Drop No-Trade.)

Aqualish, Bith, Bothan, Devaronian, Gran, Human, Ishi Tib, Mon Cal, Nikto, Quarren, Rodian, Sullustan,Trandoshan, Twilek, Weequay, Zabrak

Ithorians and Wookiees wave you off. The Aqualish, Bith, Gran and Ishi Tib all accept the goggles, but there are bad clipping issues. On the Bith the goggles are there. Inside his eyes.

(To replace your goggles, type in /segoggles and new ones will be in your inventory.)

Do not create naked vendors: If someone takes the time to /report you, a CSR will be along to either dress or delete your naked vendor. Seriously.
Not checked for accuracy
/Zimoon

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Re: Undressing vendors

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:37 pm

I did see a topless vendor once somewhere. But I never understood how people dressed their vendors. I assumed it was something only very high level traders could do. No?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:45 pm

wrackspurt wrote:I did see a topless vendor once somewhere. But I never understood how people dressed their vendors. I assumed it was something only very high level traders could do. No?
I don't remember at which level you get that ability but it is somewhere in the upper half of the ladder I believe. Back pre-NGE it was at a skill box named Hiring III: Complete Hiring, does that exist still? If so it is at that level.

/Zimoon

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 am

Thanks, this helps a lot, I accidently dropped a belt on a vendor and she's been wearing a hoola-hoop for a long time
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa