Harvester Calculator

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Harvester Calculator

Post by Ibaum » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:05 pm

First off, you guys are great and we appreciate everything you do for us. The site is so helpful, and I know it must be hard work. Now for the question: do you have an ETA on when the harvester calculator will actually be up and running?

And for a suggestion, is there a way, say on a resource detail page, to provide coordinates for hot spots? I looked last night for 2 hours on one planet and never found anything above a 70, and I was hoping there could be a way to share the load... you know, warn people that the planet didn't have much, and when my guildie gave me a 90 on another planet I'd like to be able to share that info also. Just a thought.

/Ibaum
/Ibaum

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Harvester Calculator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Ibaum wrote:First off, you guys are great and we appreciate everything you do for us. The site is so helpful, and I know it must be hard work. Now for the question: do you have an ETA on when the harvester calculator will actually be up and running?

You have the formula in the beginners guide so probably you can put together a quick spreadsheet in a snap :)

And for a suggestion, is there a way, say on a resource detail page, to provide coordinates for hot spots?

Before NGE there was such a site, it never took off. The suggestion come regularly. However, I believe nobody will ever provide any waypoint until they have put down their own harvester and told their friends and then, after a few days, they may probably tell. And then it is a little late considering some spawns only stay 6 days.

Honestly, I am sooooo happy that people submit resources that spawn and mark them depleted whenever. If they also provide stats I am joyous :D

Asking them to also provide hotspots, soon it becomes a chore and not really fun.

Personally I consider it a mini-game in the game.

Remember that some resources never ever spawn high, see Lunariel's
Guide to the Resource Shift for details.

I looked last night for 2 hours on one planet and never found anything above a 70, and I was hoping there could be a way to share the load... you know, warn people that the planet didn't have much, and when my guildie gave me a 90 on another planet I'd like to be able to share that info also. Just a thought.

And here you mention the best way, cooperate in your guild and help your friends. Others may have other friends so everybody get help :D

/Ibaum
Replies and thoughts in red

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Harvester Calculator

Post by Rommel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:40 pm

I'll post my spreadsheet soon, I need to add comments so people understand half the crap I did lol.