Resource Stat colour codes?

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

pookerbacca
Novice Crafter

Resource Stat colour codes?

Post by pookerbacca » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:01 am

Awesome site devs!

Just wondering what the precise stat ranges are for the colour codes on the current resources page?

>96.2% = red?
>90% = orange?
>75% = green?

Also, any plans to recreate the resource filter function from the old site?

One suggestion: filter the resources shown on the current resources page by certain criteria - (e.g. 2 or more "red" codes etc)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Resource Stat colour codes?

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:31 am

Welcome around :D

I believe you are correct on the color coding, 750, 900, and 960 respectively, possibly 962 but that should be changed to 960 since we discovered that SOE does not use a real 4% bonus (multiply with 1.04) but simply adds 40 to the computed result, assumed the trader has taken the resource quality bonus.

40 is of course 4% of 1000 but it is not the other way around, 40 of 960 is really 4.1667%, and the worse the resources are the higher %, but that doesn't really help anyway.

The colors of the numbers in the upper row is quality vs. 1000.
The % numbers is quality vs. the cap of the resource class.

Yes, I remember I initially used to create my personal resource filters for some resource classes. I stopped using them when MyRes was released since it had much smarter filters. Probably it is a good idea to provide means for individual resource filters.

/Zimoon

pookerbacca
Novice Crafter

Post by pookerbacca » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:30 am

Zimoon wrote:Welcome around :D

Yes, I remember I initially used to create my personal resource filters for some resource classes. I stopped using them when MyRes was released since it had much smarter filters. Probably it is a good idea to provide means for individual resource filters.

/Zimoon
Curious about what "MyRes" is. Is that a tool on this site or is it somewhere else?

I also love the "New" tags on the Current resources page - so much better than having to troll through "Recently Added" everyday or worse having it scroll off more than 1 day :).

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 02, 2008 10:02 pm

MyRes is found at http://myres.wendano.de/ which used to be a great site with a forum and many nifty features still in MyRes but not supported anymore since some crackers destroyed the site. Wendano disappeared after that, which was around NGE so I believe there were two stones on one bird there :(

Perhaps I shouldn't say this since I am developing SWGAide (in my signature) but MyRes crashes a lot for some users and is a tad clumsy. But it works when it works. SEARCH for MyRes on this site for some tips on setting it up.

Have fun

/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Sat May 03, 2008 12:08 am

Zimoon wrote:Perhaps I shouldn't say this since I am developing SWGAide (in my signature) but MyRes crashes a lot for some users and is a tad clumsy. But it works when it works.
At least SWGAide doesn't crash like crazy, actually I can't remember the last time it crashed, I can't say the same for MYRes.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat May 03, 2008 7:45 am

Zimoon wrote:... but MyRes crashes a lot for some users and is a tad clumsy. But it works when it works. ...
Usual - when it calculate something or import data: DON'T TOUCH.
If you manage to keep your fingers (or better: Cursor) of it while that it usual dont crash ;)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:... but MyRes crashes a lot for some users and is a tad clumsy. But it works when it works. ...
Usual - when it calculate something or import data: DON'T TOUCH.
If you manage to keep your fingers (or better: Cursor) of it while that it usual dont crash ;)
True!

This is why it takes a while for me with SWGAide, to keep everything thread safe but still threaded == responsive.

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun May 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Colors adjusted to the ranges mentioned