adding resources

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

fireblade
Novice Crafter

adding resources

Post by fireblade » Wed May 14, 2008 4:38 pm

hi there im from naritus server and i have to say 1st up awesoe sight
but i have a problem
i just added the poly radiactive
and it added alright but WROONG planet ? its on naboo not corellia
thought id let you know
fireblade

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: adding resources

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Welcome around :D

You can change the resource simply by going over to Naboo's page of current resources, simply add its name in the text box and add it. Now it will be available at both planets. Head over to the Corellia page and findit, click Remove (not Unavailable). This will remove the resource from the faulty planet but it will remain at the other planet. Just check first so it does not exist at Corellia as well. :)

/Zimoon

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

I made a similar error earlier today (I ALWAYS mix up Endor and Yavin, sigh) and accidentally listed some Yavin wood as Endorian wood on Endor. I've tried following your instructions but I keep getting an error, both when trying to change the resource to Yavinian on Yavin, and when trying first to add to Yavin and then delete from Endor. "Yavinian Conifer Wood cannot spawn on all the planets that the resource already exists on." Is there a way to fix this, for resources which are planet-specific?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun May 25, 2008 5:07 pm

Removing it from Endor and adding it to Yavin should do it. You'll have to enter all details from the beginning though, as removing a resource from its last planet deletes it

Tinsel

Post by Tinsel » Sun May 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Oh thank you! I was afraid removing it would simply remove it from -view- not from the database (thus rendering it un-addable as a name ever again, for the real resource.)
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 pm

This made me curios. Is it even possible to enter Yavinian X Wood on Endor? Or vice versa? Is that error handling only in the SOAP actions?

Cheers

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Zimoon wrote:This made me curios. Is it even possible to enter Yavinian X Wood on Endor? Or vice versa? Is that error handling only in the SOAP actions?

Cheers

/Zimoon
The SOAP functions rely on the same internal functions as the pages on this site. So no, it can't be added at any planet other than Yavin 4

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 25, 2008 6:23 pm

OKI, I got a little confused by Haunna's problem.

/Zimoon

Tinsel

Post by Tinsel » Sun May 25, 2008 6:58 pm

What I did was list some Yavinian Conifer Wood from Yavin as Endorian Conifer Wood on Endor. (I suspect it would not allow me to add Yavinian Conifer Wood on Endor, it would presumably throw up the same error I encountered when trying to change wood on Endor to Yavinian.)

And thanks Sobuno, your solution worked great and I fixed my goof. I wish those planets didn't look so similar. :D
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun May 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Haunna wrote:What I did was list some Yavinian Conifer Wood from Yavin as Endorian Conifer Wood on Endor. (I suspect it would not allow me to add Yavinian Conifer Wood on Endor, it would presumably throw up the same error I encountered when trying to change wood on Endor to Yavinian.)
Correct