My macro for one of those toons I occasionally leave at Mustafar, poor guy, looks like this and is named my_sample:
Code: Select all
/follow zimite; /pause 2; /sample; /pause 12; /ui action defaultButton; /pause 1; /ui action petToolbarSlot3; /macro my_sample;
- /follow Zimite will keep the toon within a few meters from where Zimite stays put, not drifting away too far, otherwise this line makes nothing
- /pause 2 to let the toon move towards Zimite before next line
- /sample in the case the toon had stopped sampling, otherwise no action
- /pause 12 to let the sampling continune, or let the toon regenerate action if drained
- /...defaultbutton will dismiss any popup dialog about better concentrations
- /pause 1 just in case there is some lag
- /... petToolbarSlot will trigger the 15 minute buff, if not run out yet this does nothing
- loop the macro
Remove the lines about the pet if you sample without a resource scavenger pet.
Usually the resource scavenger is at the 4th button (slot 3 since they are counted from 0) but the mileage may vary. Because nothing happens when triggering the button if the buff is already applied you do not need to have numerous macros doing different things. This one is simple and neat and at least it works for me
If you are a kind person and also wants to feed the poor creature, put a crate of his favorite pet food at the common toolbar and run a second macro with a one hour pause or something like that.
Of course there are many, many ways to tweak this macro, this is simple and works for me so ...